Dr. Muhammad Shahidullah Hall was established in 1921 and was named as Dhaka Hall before but the new name is given as a tribute to Dr. Md. Shahidullah in 1969. It is one of the three founding residential halls of the University of Dhaka. The three-storied main building was built with two later five-story additions (extension-1 or Ex-1 and extension-2 or Ex-2). The hall complex covers approximately 5 acres and now about 1095 resident and bi-resident students, and 1280 non-resident students are staying here. Other buildings include provost office, library, student’s reading rooms, canteens, mess, mosque, and accommodation for teachers, officers and clerks. There is a large playground and a pond which add immense beauty to the complex.